Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Where the Wild Things Are Play 2017

Tonight we performed our Where the Wild Things Are play. The kids did an awesome job. I made the costumes five years ago when my first Kindergarten class performed the play. They are made out of fleece and are washable. The hats are a pattern I made the first year after a costume I saw online. We make new hats every year and the kids get to take them home.

Here is the front gate of the school. This year I made the vines out of brown craft paper. Then I cut out leaves in three shades of green and stapled them onto the vines. I made the Max cut out using on paper glued to cardboard. 

There are wild things on the doors and over the doors to the hall. There are wild thing footprints along the walkway to the hall.

The sign on the door says "Wild things enter here".

These are our programs and prayer. 

This is the stage with our backdrop which I bought from Oriental Trading.



I painted this backdrop five years ago and it still looks good. I think I need to touch up a few places for next year.

I made this boat five years ago and it is still doing well. I might have to make a new one next year or reinforce the cardboard. It is starting to deteriorate.  

The kids did an awesome job! I cannot believe how much they have grown this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment