Friday, March 31, 2017

Teacher Show and Tell

Last night, we had our first Teacher Show and Tell night at school.  The parents came to school with their child in the evening and experienced small group and center time. I set up a cute table in front of my classroom with treats for the parents and activities for them to do.


I put a copy of our class book on the table so that the families could look at it. I had an estimation jar filled with bunny mallows. The person who had the closest estimate got a pack of glitter glue. I also had a compliments bag. The parents were encouraged to write a compliment to their child. We are going to read the compliments on Monday. 
  
 I got this cute idea from Pinterest. 

I also made the water bottles for the parents. The label says "Parents Like You Are Refreshing".


I also put this sign outside my classroom so the parents could tell me what about their child's learning they are most proud of (again, thank you Pinterest).


I taped this poster on my whiteboard so that the parents could write down any questions they had and I could respond to them later. 


At this time in the school year, we are running low on some of our supplies so I wrote down items we need on cupcake cutouts and put them on the table. This was an adorable idea I found on Pinterest. However, the cupcakes fell over as soon as the door opened and the wind blew in. Next time, I am going to use larger clips on the bottom.


Here are some parents working in my small group math lesson. We were doing sticker subtraction.


The parents also went to learning centers with their children.


The kids had a lot of fun telling their parents where to go and what to do.  It was a wonderful night. I look forward to our next Teacher Show and Tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment