Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Where The Wild Things Are- Spring Play

Tonight is my class' spring play. We are presenting a play based on the beloved Maurice Sendak book, Where the Wild Things Are. I created a script, made costumes, and designed the set. Here are some pictures of the set.



 This is Max' throne.

My students made this block tower for Max to destroy as one of his mischievous acts.

Max' room. I painted this on a 9'x6' canvas.

I made Max' boat (with help from my awesome husband) out of cardboard, felt, and tulle. I used a sharpie to write Max on the boat.

This is my class dressed up in their costumes. I am on the right. My teaching assistant is on the left.

I made wild thing foot prints that went from the front of the school to the hall. I made a template and traced it onto orange, teal, green, and brown adhesive vinyl.

I traced this Max onto cardboard and hung it from the ceiling to make a cute photo spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment