Monday, April 1, 2013

Holy Week

Last week was Holy Week. I did a lot of activities with my students to help them learn about Holy Week. They did a writing activity, but I forgot to take a picture of it. The students had to draw a picture of one thing that happened to Jesus right before his crucifixion. Then, they had to write about what they drew. 

After we learned about Palm Sunday, the students made this tear-and-glue palm leaf.

We also learned about the Veil of Veronica. The students made their own veils by drawing Jesus' head with the crown of thorns on  a piece of muslin cloth. Some of the students added blood too.


On Wednesday afternoon, we had an Easter egg hunt. I filled about 240 eggs with toys that were donated by my students' families and then I scattered hid the eggs on our grass field. The students had a great time looking for eggs.

On Holy Thursday, the fourth and fifth graders reenacted the Washing of the Feet and the Last Supper for the whole school. My students were silent the whole time; they said it was just like what happened in the Bible. 

I hope you had a faith filled Holy Week and a Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment