Friday, March 1, 2013

Classroom Management

I use a color card chart to help my students learn how to manage their behavior. It works wonderfully in my classroom. There are four colors on the chart: green, blue, yellow and orange (yes, the last color is supposed to be red, but I don't like to use red in my classroom; I think that it is a negative color). When a student needs to have her card changed, I explain to the student why her card is being changed and we discuss how to make better choices. At the end of the day, all of the students who are on green get a sticker. If a student is on blue, she does not get a sticker. If a student is on yellow or orange, I send a note home about why she is on yellow or orange. The students love being on green.


Here is a copy of the note I send home for students who are on yellow or orange. It is a quarter size of an 8.5" by 11" sheet of paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment