Monday, January 11, 2016

Christmas Play

Last month, the students presented a Christmas play. We called our play A Nativity Story. We sang seven songs and learned two of the songs in ASL. Here are the students in their costumes. I made most of the costumes; they are pull over vests. I bought the angel, Mary, Joseph, and shepherd costumes from the Oriental Trading Company. The students wore all white or all black under their costumes. They looked so cute!
I decorated the walkway up to the school with paper bag luminaries.


We decorated this tree with ornaments that the kids colored. The ornaments had a picture of the child who made it in their play costume.


The students made these cute candy can "J"s our of Crayola Model Magic. I found the poem online. I gave each student a 1 inch square of white and red Model Magic and they rolled the Model Magic into a snake. Next, the students laid the two snakes next to each other and twisted them together. Finally, they made the Model Magic into a "J" shape and let it dry for 48 hours. I attached the "J"s to the paper with ribbon.


I bought these program covers at LifeWay Christian Store and printed the information for the program on them.

My room moms set up this area for refreshments.

We borrowed this Nativity set from our preschool as well as the wall hanging in the next picture. 


This is the set for the field where the shepherd were.

 This is the main stage. Next year, I want to build a manger out of wood. 

 This is the Bethlehem scene that the three kings stand in front of.

These are the inns that Mary and Joseph stop at before they reach the stable.

It was a beautiful play!

No comments:

Post a Comment