Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Where the Wild Things Are Play 2015

I just realized that I did not publish this last May. 


Each spring my Kindergarten class presents the story Where The Wild Things are as a play. This year, I changed the backdrop. For the first two years I created a paper back drop for the play, but I had so many problems with the back drop falling off the wall if the hall doors were left open that I decided to purchase a backdrop. I layered two  back drops on top of each other and taped them together. Then, all I had to do was staple the backdrop to the cork at the top of the wall. I can reuse the backdrop each year (which will cut down on a lot of prep work for me). You can see the backdrop behind my students. I made the students' costumes out of fleece so I can wash them and use them each year. I made this costumes three years ago and they still look great!



This year I decided to decorate the entrance to the school with chain vines and a Max cardboard cut out.

In addition, I decorated the doors to the hall with Wild Things. I also made giant footprints and taped them to the floor leading to the stage.

Here is a better picture of the Max cardboard cut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment